Sunday, June 19, 2016

Days 5 and 6

Well at least I made it to day 5 without going off the program.  The girls wanted to go out to dinner and we had promised them we would to reward them for their good grades.

So it went something like this:
Breakfast - the chocolate protein shake
9 Round Workout - didn't eat anything after
Lunch - Salad with tuna, vegetables, and a dressing I made out of mustard and EVOO.  Also had 1 piece Ezekiel bread with cashew butter.
Dinner - The Melting Pot.
Needless to say, I didn't do very well.  Yes I ate some bread and cheese.  Had the salad dressing on the side with no croutons (winning.  ha ha).  Cooked my shrimp, chicken and steak in broth.  Yes I ate some (ok most) of the chocolate.  And I had wine.   Yes I overdid it.  Yes I completely blew it.

I came home and tried to drink about 30 oz of water.  I could just feel the salt still on my tongue from the chocolate.  Needless to say I didn't feel very good when I woke up this morning.

My husband's cooking
This morning (day 6) I got up and made my shake with vanilla protein powder, almond milk, almond butter, fiber powder, strawberries, raspberries, and ice.  This one was pretty good.  I am still leaving the greens out though.  I went for a 2 mile walk around the neighborhood.  I really didn't feel like running, so I didn't.  Then for lunch I had another shake.  Same thing, only with the chocolate protein powder.  I was hungry around 4 and had a handful of almonds.

For dinner my husband is grilling a whole chicken, corn on the cob, and grilled carrots.  Might add a salad too.  I generally avoid corn, but I do like fresh summer corn every once in awhile.  The biggest thing today is that I feel really TIRED.  I did just also drink an energy fizz stick.  I probably need to drink even more water.


No comments:

Post a Comment