Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Overnight Oatmeal

I get into a rut when it comes to breakfasts.  When I find something that I like, and that is good for me, I tend to eat it several times in a row.  While this is not always the best thing for weight loss, I find it comforting to know exactly what I'm eating and how many Weight Watchers Smart Points it contains.  I also find that if I start the day off with a good breakfast, I am less likely to blow it later on snacks.  I also like convenience.  Mornings are a hectic time for everyone.  Between work and school and just trying to wake up, I don't want to have to think about making a good choice.  I like to have something ready for those days when I just need to grab something quickly.  I have also discovered that I really like chewing.  So shakes really don't do it for me as a meal. I would rather chew my calories than drink them.

This is where I have come to love overnight oatmeal.  I use mason jars, but you can use a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
Chocolate overnight oats with bananas


Skinny Overnight Oats in a Jar
Skinnytaste.com
Servings:
 1 • Serving Size: 1 jar 
   Smart Points: 5

The basic Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup quick oats (I like Quaker oats in the big round can)
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or skim, soy)
  • 1 T Plain Fat Free Greek Yogurt (buy the big tub)
  • 1 packet Truvia or whatever sweetener you like
  • dash of vanilla
From here, I add in different things:
         Cinnamon and pecans or
         Unsweetened Cocoa powder or
         PB2 peanut butter powder or
         berries or
         bananas

Directions:

Place all the ingredient in a jar, stir, cover and refrigerate overnight. Enjoy the next day!  Can eat cold or hot.

I make several of these on Sundays and line them up in the fridge.  My husband calls the chocolate oats "poop in a jar".  It's so good that I don't care :)

No comments:

Post a Comment