Tuesday, August 12, 2014

My story

Hi! I'm Laraine, 45 year old married mother of 3.  I used to be a working Mom until this past February 2014.  Now I am a stay at home Mom, who would really like to finally get in shape.  I have struggled all my life with weight loss / being overweight.  Now that I have some time to focus on myself and my family, it is time for us to get healthy.  I have been going to Weight Watchers for the past 16 weeks, and have had some slow success.  I currently need to lose 45 pounds to reach my goal weight. I will be posting my successes and failures and I hope that you will follow along.  It's always easier to lose weight with a friend that cheers you on (thanks Diahann!), and I would like to be that friend for you. 

I am also trying to eat less processed foods, less Diet Coke, and less gluten.  I will always love all of these, so it's really hard to cut them out entirely.  I am also trying to cook more, so I will be sharing new recipes.  I am also working out more than I ever have in my entire life.  My goal is to someday run a sprint triathlon, but for now I have a 5k on the horizon. When school starts soon I want to pack better lunches for my girls.  So many goals! 

I read somewhere that you should write down 3 things from your day that went well, every day.  That way when you have setbacks, you can look back on your 3 successes and feel good about them.  I will try to post those things as well.  I encourage you to keep a journal like this and let me know about your successes! 

My 3 successes for today:
1. Walked 2 miles this morning
2. Had a great salad at Which Wich, about 4 WW points
3. Started this blog!

4 comments:

  1. Okay, I'll play! Let's do this.

    My three successes for today: (I'm guessing these should be health related?)

    1.Ate a healthy breakfast of Greek yogurt and berries.
    2. Remembered to take my calcium.
    3. Started interacting with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great job Susan! Are you still Jazzercising? Sometimes I really miss Jazzercise!

      Delete
  2. Good work measuring your intake and finding time to move every day. Your blog is a great way to find some accountability and kuddos on working to remain healthy and fit..

    ReplyDelete