Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Is your breakfast setting you up for success?

I love breakfast. It signals the beginning of the day, a fresh start, a do over from the prior day, if needed.  I always eat something for breakfast.  I think it jump starts your metabolism and sets the tone for your entire day.  For me, I need some form of protein at breakfast or else I'm starving by 10am.  I tend to fall into a rut and eat the same thing for months at a time.  This is really not good, as your body gets used to it, and gets very efficient at processing it.  So I have been trying to mix it up.  Today I had 1/2C of Kashi cereal, Chobani vanilla yogurt, some of my homemade applesauce, and coffee with 1T of Coffee Mate all natural creamer.  This was 7 Weight Watchers Points Plus. This is an easy breakfast if you have no time to cook! 

Here's what it looked like:




I weigh my cereal to make sure I'm not fooling myself.  I also measure out my creamer every morning.  I really can't eyeball it.  I have lots of measuring spoons!  Also if you know me you are thinking, "Who made this homemade applesauce?"  Because I don't really cook.  But I made it in the crock pot!  It was easy! I cut up the apples and threw them in, along with some cinnamon, water, and one packet of Truvia sweetener.  I didn't peel the apples --- who knew you were supposed to do that?  My husband reminded me that we have a Pampered Chef apple peeler in the cabinet, still in its box.  Next time I will get that out!

Have a great day!  And let me know what you had for breakfast today!


2 comments:

  1. Chobani vanilla, 1/4 cup natural granola, 1/2 c blackberries, 1 tbs Chia seeds, 1/8 c almonds. No idea how many points--I don't speak points. But it's high in fiber and protein, and has roughly 400 calories. Oh--coffee with Spenda--was out of PureVia--and fat free half and half.

    I do pretty good with breakfast and lunch. Dinner through the week isn't so hard. I need to move more all the time and eat less on the weekends. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you like the Chia seeds? I have hear a lot about them, but haven't tried them yet. Weekends are hardest for me as well. We love to eat out, but it's so hard to know what you're eating!

      Delete