Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pop Tarts are not allowed to enter my house

My girls always beg me for Pop Tarts whenever we go to the grocery store.  Years ago, I used to buy them all the time.  I love the chocolate frosted ones and the brown sugar cinnamon ones.  My mother told me that when she was pregnant with me she craved Pop Tarts.  When my sister and I were little, cira 1975, we would wake up early on Saturday mornings to watch cartoons.  We would get our own Pop Tarts out of the cabinet quietly so that our parents could sleep in. 

Sigh.  Fast forward to 2014.  Pop Tarts are not allowed in my house anymore.  I just love them too much.  They call to me from my cabinet and I feel compelled to eat them until they are gone. Sometimes I am tempted to buy them, especially when they are on sale, but then I look at the side of the box:
One foil pack has 11 Weight Watchers points.  This would be about 40% of my total points that I can eat in a day. They are filled with sugar and artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives.  It's just not worth it.  Sure you can eat these on Weight Watchers if you want to, but wouldn't you rather treat your body better than that?  For those 11 points, I could also eat a Greek yogurt, 5 oz. of steak, a green salad, broccoli,  and a baked potato.  Not as exciting as Pop Tarts, I know.  But still pretty tasty, more filling, and better for you.



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment