Sunday, August 24, 2014

The Electric Run 5k

I have run a few 5k's, a 10k, and even a half marathon in 2010.  I wouldn't say that I like to run.  It's really hard for me and I hate running up hills.  I am also super slow, with an average of a 12-13 minute pace per mile on a good day.  I wrote a post about how I got started running on my other blog, The Accidental Stay at Home Mom.  You can read it here: Laraine's runnning story

Last night I did the Electric Run 5k with some friends.  It was definitely the biggest "party" 5k that I have ever attended.  The run started at 9pm on the Lowe's Motor Speedway in Concord, NC. It was cool to be on the racetrack in that big stadium.  Everything was lit up.  People were wearing glow necklaces, flashing lights, tutu's, and all sorts of crazy stuff. 
My friend Diahann and Me
 
 It was our goal to run the whole way.  While I didn't quite run the whole time, I was surprised at how long I did go before taking a walk break.  And we were passing people.  I never pass people!  There were more people walking than actually running, which made it almost like an obstacle course.  At the end it was a big party with a DJ and lots of flashing lights.  It was a lot of fun and I'll definitely sign up again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment