Friday, August 22, 2014

Don't get too tired and too hungry to care

Today I had my weigh in at Weight Watchers.  I was down 1.0 pound, for a total of 18.2 pounds in 18 weeks.  I was very happy about that, especially considering that I sabotaged myself last night.  My girls and I helped the PTA with our school's "Meet the Teacher Night".  Starting at about 2pm we moved dozens of t-shirts, water bottles, agendas, and other school spirit items from the PTA room into the gym.  At 4:30 we started selling them as parents came in and out. We were on our feet just about the whole time, until we were done at 8pm.  We were exhausted.  We were starving.  I hadn't planned on having to stay that long. 
Future superstar salesperson


I let the girls talk me into going out to eat at a local place where I always get the build your own salad with a hamburger patty on top.  They seated us and I looked at the menu. It was too much to think about.  I didn't feel like figuring out points, or worrying about what I ate.  I figured, hey, I worked out at 9Round this morning, and then basically did another work out at the school, right? I ordered a salad with a fried chicken breast on top.  I did manage to ask for (full fat) the dressing on the side.  I also got a glass of wine. 
.
When our food came my girls gasped!  "Mommy, did you order THAT? You never get THAT!"  I sighed and told them yes, I decided to get this instead of my usual.  After eating all the chicken, dipped in the dressing, and most of the salad, I felt sick.  I realized I hadn't eaten fried food in weeks.  I got home and drank about 24 oz of water, did a few quick exercises, then gave up and went to bed.

In retrospect, I could've made a worse choice, like a burger and fries.  I also could have planned ahead better and packed a snack.  This was just one of those times that you don't plan for and it sneaks up on you when your too tired to care. 

After the meeting today the girls and I went shopping and I bought one of those Veggetti's (see last post).  Here's to better choices!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your weight loss! I love using Weight Watchers too. I always keep a protein bar in my purse in case a situation like this comes up. Sounds like we have a lot in common - except my kids are older. I worked in retail for many years and did some buying, and shopping is my favorite thing!

    ReplyDelete