Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Day 3

This is my 3rd day out of 30 on my 30 days to healthy living.  The first thing that I've learned is that kale tastes like toothpaste grit with put in a smoothie.  Yuck.  That was yesterday's smoothie. Today I made my breakfast smoothie with 2 scoops chocolate protein powder, 1 scoop fiber powder, 8oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 3 fresh strawberries, 1 spoonful of cashew butter, and some spinach.  I didn't really taste the spinach in this one, and it tasted pretty good.

I worked out at 9Round with trainer Quinton, who is the owner. He's a former pro football player, and he's really awesome as a trainer.  His workouts are really hard, and today's was a killer.  I was dripping sweat and dying when it was over.  I went home and drank 30 oz of water and a handful of almonds.

Lunch was a salad with spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, mushrooms, and a slice of avocado.  I made some dressing out of mustard, olive oil, garlic, and apple cider vinegar.  I also had a slice of Ezekiel toast (wheat / gluten free) with some cashew butter.


It's 4:15p and I'm hungry.  We have a swim meet tonight, so I'll drink a shake about 5p and call it dinner.   I'm wondering if I'm eating enough. I kinda don't think so.  I may need to add a snack later.

No comments:

Post a Comment