Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Threw it all away

I went back to Weight Watchers this past Friday.  I decided to just take the hit and see how much weight I gained in my 2 month absence from WW.  It was bad.  Up 11 pounds. I need to learn the new WW 2016 program, along with Oprah. And then follow it, of course. I love Oprah.



One of the tips that Weight Watchers gives you when you start their program is to go through your pantry, fridge, and freezer, and throw out or give away all of the foods that are in in calories / points and are not good for your / your weight loss.

I have been on Weight Watchers on and off this time for over a year and I have never done this.  My excuses were that I had to pack something for the kids' lunches, they needed snacks, I needed snacks, we needed to keep that Halloween candy in the back of the pantry (for emergencies, of course).

On Saturday I was getting frustrated with my 9 year old daughter, because she was fighting me on going to swim team practice.  She's a good swimmer, but she's chunky (like me) and thus slower than her friends.  I was planning to run on the treadmill at the gym while she swam.  So if I couldn't convince / make her go, I was going to miss my window of opportunity to work out.  So now I'm yelling, she's yelling, my husband is yelling and general chaos ensued.

My husband (and I) decided to purge all of the junk food in our kitchen.  We threw out Nutri grain bars, peanut butter crackers, Special K bars, Capt'n Crunch cereal (bought on sale in a moment of weakness), Chef Boyardee, my Luna bars (no!!!), frozen chicken nuggets, toaster strudel, frozen waffles, and a bunch of other crap.  By themselves, most of these things aren't terrible, but they're not whole foods, either.

We all went to the grocery store and bought lots of fruit, vegetables, eggs,  whole wheat bread, Greek yogurt, low fat cheeses, plain Cheerios, chicken, some other healthy (I hope) stuff.

My daughter has a friend her age, that is tiny and stick thin.  At her house their pantry is full of candy, chips, and cookies.  "It's not fair that they can have all of that stuff and they're still skinny!" Sarah said.  She's right  It's totally not fair.  We are definitely not a family who can keep all of that stuff around.  Heck, we can't even keep any junk food around.  Sigh.

I'm hungry, what's for lunch?

No comments:

Post a Comment