Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Time to get serious. I mean it this time.

I hope that y'all had a great Christmas vacation!  Boy I sure did!  Pies, cookies, wine, dinners out, homemade dinners, parties, family, more wine, ha ha.  I totally relaxed my own "food rules" and ate whatever I wanted.  Since I hurt my hip flexor a few weeks ago, I didn't exercise hardly AT ALL.  I barely even wore my Fitbit.  I hadn't been to Weight Watchers since before Thanksgiving.  Did I really just run a half marathon less than a month ago? I had even quit weighing myself everyday, which I know I'm not supposed to do anyway.  I had gone off the rails, off the wagon, off the deep end.  

I decided that today was the day that I would step on the scale.  My scale is in a small room in my bathroom that has a toilet.  I actually have 2 scales in there.  I bought the second one last year because there was an app that hooked to my iPhone and it measured your water content in your body. Except I weighed about 1 pound more on that scale than my old scale.  So now it just sits and collects dust. Yes, I realize that I am crazy.  Also in my small potty room I have a chart that I made on the wall with numbers ranging from 180 pounds to 155 pounds (my goal weight according to Weight Watchers).  Every time a hit a lower number, I "X" it off on the chart.  Motivating, right?  I also have a list of rewards posted for when I hit certain goal weights.  This chart has been posted in my bathroom for almost a year.  I have crossed off 8 pounds.  I have also bought myself some of the rewards before getting to the weight I specified.  

Today when I stepped on the scale, I realized that I would need a new chart, because I had gained those 8 pounds back in about 4 weeks.  Dang it. I did have a really fun holiday.  So back to 9Round I went today.  My arm strength is gone.  Apparently running is not good for your arms.  But my cardio capacity is much better from running all fall.  At one point during our workout today, my friend Diahann looked over at me and said, "I hate 9Round."  I don't think she was kidding. She's been working out there for over 2 years.  It's a great workout.  Much better than running outside today in the 25 degrees weather.  

Goodbye delicious Christmas food.  Goodbye (for now) Chardonnay. Hello meal prep, trying new recipes, and my Weight Watcher meetings.  It's a journey.  Last year my goal was to run a triathlon.  I did that, plus ran a 10K and a half marathon.  This year my goal is to get to my Weight Watchers goal weight of 155.  Should be easy in comparison, right? It's not. I definitely cannot outrun my fork! Game on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment