Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Back for another 9 Rounds



If you know me or have been following this blog, then you know that at one point I was working out at a place called 9round 4-5 times a week.  9Round is a 30 minute circuit that incorporates boxing moves with cardio and body weight exercises. Here's a great video about 9round here  Back in June when my membership ran out, I decided not to renew.  I just needed something different and I was burnt out  after over 18 months of 9Round.  So over the summer I trained for and completed my first triathlon. I focused on swimming and riding a bike.   I did a couple of 5k races, one of which I placed 3rd in my age group.  And yes there were more than 3 people in my age group :)

This fall, I have been focusing on running, with a goal race of the Huntersville Half Marathon on 12/12/15. I had noticed that all my work on toning my arms had gone out the window.  My legs were getting smaller, but my arms had turned back to Jello.  I tried some other weightlifting classes at another gym, but I just couldn't get into it.  They almost seemed too easy.  There were no burpees, squats, or mountain climbers.  So when 9 Round sent me a Black Friday offer, I thought about it.  I also got about 4 more emails from them over the weekend.  By Cyber Monday I decided to go back and try them out again.

This morning I dug out my pink boxing gloves and headed back over.  I went right back to pushups, wall squats, and roundhouse kicks.  It's good to know that some things can stay the same.  It didn't kill me, but I was dripping sweat. It was a great 30 minute workout.  Back to running tomorrow, if it stops raining, that is.

In reading over this, it occurs to me that if you had told me 5 years ago that I would be doing half marathons, triathlons, and kickboxing, I would have told you that you were crazy. I am not a fitness fanatic by any means.  I started with only walking 15 minutes on the treadmill.  Actually I started with just parking farther away in the parking lot at work.  Baby steps add up.  You just have to start.  

1 comment:

  1. Peak Kickboxing / Jiu Jitsu is a Martial Arts & Fitness Gym serving the Denver area. Centrally located in Lakewood this fully equipped Mixed Martial Arts School offers Muay Thai Denver kickboxing, Denver Jiu Jitsu, MMA training Denver, & Kids Karate & Martial Arts classes. We offer a FREE 30 Day trial to check out the classes and instructors. Students love the motivational atmosphere and the level of attention that the coaches give. If your searching for a Denver Martial Arts or Kickboxing class near Denver take a free trial with Peak Kickboxing / Jiu Jitsu and you will get inspired! Safest, Cleanest and Funnest place to start training in Mixed Martial Arts. Come give one of our awesome classes a try and check out our facility!




    Address: 9650 East Arapahoe Road, Greenwood Village, CO, 80112

    Phone: (303) 799-4804

    business email: Info@kickboxingdenver.com

    ReplyDelete