Friday, August 29, 2014

My rest day

On Fridays I usually take a rest day.  This means that I give myself a break from working out.  It's good to take a day off to let your muscles rebuild and recover.  For more about the benefits of rest days click here for an article from Shape magazine

I have been working out pretty hard this week between my 9Round kickboxing and walking.  I got up this morning and started putting on my workout clothes.  Then I remembered that I needed "real" clothes today for a PTA breakfast and some volunteer work.  My exercise routine has finally become a habit.  And I'm shocked to even admit that I actually look forward to it! 

Yesterday at my Weight Watchers meeting we talked about exercise.  I was sitting in the meeting, in my workout gear, all sweaty from my 9Round workout.  I automatically commented along with some of the others that I hate to work out.  That's what I've always said, that I hate to work out.  But after I said that out loud, I realized that I don't think that I actually hate it anymore. It has taken six months of doing it consistently, but now my workout has become a habit.  And now I sit here on my rest day, and feel like I should be working out.  So weird.  Well there's always the laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment