Friday, August 15, 2014

Weigh in day

Every seasoned Weight Watcher member has their own do's and don'ts of weigh in day.  I like to weigh in first thing in the morning, before I have eaten or drank anything.  I try to find the lightest outfit possible to wear.  Usually it's workout clothes.  I have know people to actually weigh their outfits on their food scale to find out which outfit is the lightest.  I take off my watch and my jewelry, and of course my shoes and socks.  When I step onto the scale at Weight Watchers, I try to breathe and then look anxiously at the person weighing me in.  Is it good news or bad? If it's bad, they don't say anything and just hand you back your book.  If it's good, then they tell you what your loss is for that week. 

There's something about paying someone to weigh you, writing it down, and attending a weekly class for 30 minutes that is motivating for me.  Today I had a good weigh in.  In 17 weeks I have lost 17.2 pounds.  I have struggled for every one of those 17.2 pounds.  I haven't lost weight every week, but small changes do eventually add up. 

Today our Weight Watchers leader talked about how she had gained some weight recently.  She still struggles to stay on track, measure her foods, and get her exercise in.  I think it was kind of a light bulb moment for most of us.  There is no finish line; it's a lifetime journey.  And doesn't that just stink?  When I was about 12 years old I had several really skinny friends that could eat anything and not gain weight.  I used to think that when I got skinny, too, then I would be able to eat anything and not gain any weight.  Sadly it does not work that way, at least not for me. 

Have a great weekend friends!  I'm going to try to really watch myself over the weekend so that I don't halt my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment